Saturday, April 14, 2007

UT Portfolio as at 14 Apr 07

Today is the 2nd day and also the last day of my CFP module 1 class. We spent the morning on Tax planning and our afternoon focusing on CPF related topics. Again, i am very impressed by the trainer, Mr. Daniel Tan, and i wish to thank him for his guidance. I shall share more of the things i learnt on my next postings.

Here's my scorecard for the week:


Asian market has been pretty resilient with the recent volatility, posting a good 3-5% return (China funds was expected to do badly with the recent rate hike, but the market took this news very well).

As Global funds seems to be slowing down, i am deciding to switch my global property funds to Asian small caps, maximising my returns in the emerging Asia. Anyway, i think it is a good time to take profit.

There is something which i can't seem to figure out though; my Schroders European Alpha went up while my Henderson European Property (this fund has been swinging throughout the week) came down. Having said all this, i am still looking at holding this pair long term as i am bullish in European equity. :)

No comments: