Tuesday, July 17, 2007

DWS Global Climate Change Fund is now available!

DWS Global Climate Change Fund - Offer period starts from 16 July 07 till 17 August 07. Priced at $1.00 (NAV).

The interesting thing to note is that more than 40% is allocated in Europe and North America. My contact from DWS mentioned that this is due to the fact that these regions are more actively involved and technically more advance in curbing environmental problems than the emerging superpowers (e.g. China & India) in polluting. Since this is not a benchmark rigid fund, the fund mgrs has the option to skew their investment into emerging markets when the region is more ready.

As i have mentioned my preference to invest in Europe for long term, this fund happens to land into my radar. I will be looking at switching my Fidelity MAN fund into this or into DWS Agribiz. :p

No comments: